To maintain our professional vigor, we believe constant access to learning and knowledge exchange is vital.
Professional Development: Learning Events
At Shoreline we are truly excited and passionate about the work we do. In order to maintain our vigor we believe constant access to professional development and knowledge exchange opportunities is vital. It is our hope to contribute to the vitality of the helping community at large by facilitating and hosting ongoing learning events with innovative, quality, and current academics, thinkers, practitioners, and teachers.
We believe that multidisciplinary care is most beneficial to people accessing services and therefore have designed our professional development opportunities to be relevant for any health care provider. We strive to include counsellors and therapists, social workers, nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, and others directly influencing people’s health care needs.
Some of our regularly scheduled professional development offerings include:
- Collaborating with Carers: A Workshop for Hosting the Recognizing Resilience Group
- Enhancing Parent Partnerships in Helping Services
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
- Enhanced Motivational Interviewing
- Family Inclusion: Working with Families Affected by Substance Use
- Collaborative Therapy: A Postmodern Approach to Helping
- Enhancing Skills as a Group Facilitator
- Facilitating Collaborative Process Groups
To register for these courses or to learn more about how they might be tailored for your organization please contact us. Sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay posted on other exciting Shoreline learning events and knowledge exchange activities.
Dates to be announced! Join us to develop your skills in this collaborative method of supporting change!